To combat food waste, for example in the hotel and restaurant sector, there is great potential for resources related to food overproduction or packaging.
The overall objective is the establishment of circular economy poles in the food sector in the five pilot alpine regions in order to identify potential for reducing food waste and CO2.
The actors involved benefit from a transfer of know-how, networking and the use of an intelligent digital decision support system based on life cycle assessment indicators.
The activities are aimed at stakeholders directly and indirectly involved in food cycles, such as manufacturing companies, commercial companies, the hotel industry, etc.
The circular economy is developing in several areas :
- Sustainable procurement : taking into account the environmental and social impacts of the resources used, in particular those associated with their extraction and exploitation.
- Ecodesign : taking into account environmental impacts throughout the life cycle of a product and integrating them from the design stage.
- Industrial and territorial ecology : put in synergy and pool between several economic actors the flows of materials, energy, water, infrastructure, goods or services in order to optimize the use of resources in a territory.
- The economy of functionality : favor use over possession, sell a service rather than a good.
- Responsible consumption : taking into account the environmental and social impacts at all stages of the product life cycle in purchasing choices, whether the buyer is public or private.
Lengthening the period of use of the products by resorting to repair, sale or purchase of second-hand goods, by donation, in the context of re-employment and reuse.
The project will enable the various stakeholders to take into account resource and CO2 savings and strengthen sustainable and circular economic competitiveness in the Alps.
Project Duration : 2022 – 2025
University of Applied Science Salzburg
L’université des Sciences Appliquées de Salzbourg (Autriche – Site web)
Austrian Institute of Ecology
L’Institut autrichien d’écologie (Autriche – Site web)
E-institute, institute for comprehensive development solutions
E-institut (institut pour des solutions de développement globale) – (Slovénie – Site web)
BSC, Business support organisation, ltd., Kranj
BSC (Business support organisation) – (Slovenie – Site web)
Agency for Sustainable Mediterranean Cities and Territories
Agence pour des villes et territoires méditerranéens durables – AVITEM – (France – Site web)
LAMORO Development Agency
Agence de développement LAMORO (Italie – Site web)
IDM Südtirol Alto Adige
IDM Tyrol du sud (Italie – Site web)
University of Applied Sciences Munich
Université des sciences appliquées de Munich (Allemagne – Site web)
Cluster of Environmental Technologies Bavaria
Cluster des technologies environnementales de Bavière (Allemagne – Site web)
CCI Nice Côte d'Azur
Chambre de Commerce et d’industrie Nice Côte d’Azur (France – Site web)